5 Food You Should Never Feed Your Dog

There are certain “human” foods that dogs can eat. But as much as you would love to be generous and share anything that you are eating with your puppy, you have to remember that there are also food items that are not really good for canines. With that said, you have to be extra careful.

Here are 5 foods that you should never feed your furry friend:

1.     Chocolate

Chocolate is something that you can find in almost every home. Who wouldn’t love to munch on a bar of Snickers or Hershey’s? I bet your doggy would give you that cute look once he sees you eating your favorite candy. However, chocolates and other cocoa products contain theobromine, which dogs cannot efficiently process. Due to this, the toxic levels in their system will significantly increase, and it could cause serious health problems.

A little amount of chocolate will most likely give your puppy an upset stomach and diarrhea. But with large amounts, it can be very dangerous. The toxic can cause muscle tremors, internal bleeding, irregular heartbeat, and seizures, which are all fatal.

2.     Grapes and Raisins

Serving even a small amount of grapes and raisins to your pup is not recommended at all because these food items can be fatally toxic. The exact substance that causes the toxic reaction hasn’t been identified yet, but it can certainly cause serious complications, such as severe kidney damage as well as sudden kidney failure. So no matter how tempting it is to share some fresh or dried grapes with your pooch, you better think twice.

3.     Garlic and Onions

These spices are very popular in the world of culinary because they add an incredible taste to different dishes. However, this combo is another no-no for your pet. Giving them as is or mixed with a cooked meal should not be done as they are highly toxic. They can cause damages to the red blood cells, and will further progress to anemia. They can poison your puppy too, especially if ingested in high doses.

4.     Dairy Products

Dairy products may be considered healthy for human beings, but they are not when it comes to dogs as they are unable to process this group of food. Also, you must remember that there are many dogs that are lactose intolerant, and your pet may be the same. So to be on the safe side, it would be better not to share your milk, yogurt, or cheese with your pup no matter how he bats his eyelashes, begging for some.

In case your dog ingested dairy products by accident, take him to the vet as soon as possible, especially if he starts vomiting or experiences diarrhea.

5.     Raw Eggs

Even with humans, eating raw eggs is not advisable because of the risk of contracting salmonella. The same is true with puppies. If they have been ingesting raw eggs long enough, it is most likely that they will develop biotin deficiency. So to avoid any problems, your dog is better off eating cooked eggs, particularly those that are hard-boiled.




Connect us

Our social contacts